Friday, April 2, 2010

The Cross Speaks (3)

It's Good Friday. My heart and mind are consumed today with the sacrifice Jesus made for us. He is so precious to me. I'm not sure there will ever be words to adequately express how I feel about Him. Thank you Jesus for loving me so.

Okay the last two points from "The Cross Speaks"

6. A Word of Invitation. John 19:30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished". With that, he bowed his head and gave up his sprirt.

For me. For you. The entire reason he was on this earth, the mission he was sent to accomplish had been completed. Done. I love that it says he gave up his spirit. They thought they were taking his life, but in fact he was GIVING it. They didn't take anything from Jesus that he wasn't willing to give.

The thing that has been gnawing on my heart about this is how selfish I am. MY time, MY reputation, MY, MY, MY. I make myself sick. Jesus willingly lived, served and ultimately died for me. Oh that I would be that selfless. OH that Christians would be that selfless.

His gift was personal and the invitation is extended to each and every person. Who can I, who can you share it with this week?

7. A Word of Invincibility. Luke 23:46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last.

What safer place to be than in the hands of the Father. As a Christian, I know that is where I am. He is a hands on kind of parent. This doesn't mean life is going to be easy, or free from hard times. But it does mean that God, our provider, our shelter, our comforter, our deliverer our....everything will be with us.

He will NEVER leave us, or forsake us.

He is constant and unchanging. He is faithful and true. He is ALIVE and ACTIVE in our lives. He is here.

And you know what...nothing, and NO ONE can separate us from his love.

Today, Good Friday 2010, I pray that you know Him. I pray that this day is more than a Sunday School flannel graph story to you.

This is the day that marked the beginning of my freedom. I pray you can say that too.

To quote Travis Cottrell (Who I think snagged this from Beth Moore) It's time to celebrate that because the tomb is empty, we aren't!!

He is Risen!

Happy Easter,
Stephanie

0 comments: