Saturday, March 17, 2007

Here We Go

This is my attempt to journal between the girls, laundry, school, the dog, writing, more school and finding time for my man. I'm already tired, and I've only typed 30 words or so. Let's just start with the name of this Blog, or BLOB as LPM Bloggers call these things.

"Notes from the Soul". If you know me you know that I can't go a day without two things. (NO I'm not listing coffee. Although a day without that is not a good thing for my family) First, my time with God. I just can't function without some alone time. Lately, that's harder and harder to find. My girls keep getting up earlier and earlier. So when they have their "alone time" (we are much to sophisticated for naps now!) I'm getting as much as I can. I love my devotional time with the girls in the morning and often times, God shows me some pretty powerful stuff during that time, but I still crave those moments when it's just He and I. There are times, I just can't get enough. So, I'll pose this question: When do you find time for the Lord? Early AM, or late PM. I go back and forth. Although sometimes my late PM actually is early AM. There are plenty of places in the Word that say "Early in the Morning............."

The second thing I can't go a day without is my piano. This is probably my first passion. After my parents, it's the first thing I remember loving. Before I knew Jesus as my personal Savior, there was my piano. Before, I fell in love with my husband, there was my piano. It's funny to me, almost from the beginning of our relationship I think he knew there would always be this other thing in our relationship. He has lovingly accepted that as part of me. Never asked me to give it up or cut back, just loved me through it. I can't tell you the number of times, I get a call to fill in or play for something that I agree to first and then say, "Do you mind if I play........." He always smiles as if to say "I know you've already agreed, go do it and do it well". I've got to quit doing that, I am getting better, but...........

So there's the reason for the name of this blog. Notes - my musical reference and From the Soul- because that is where the content of this will come from. Sometimes funny, sometimes serious. But that is me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it! I enjoy reading people's thoughts that I know and such on various topics. I will look forward to seeing if you've posted anything new. It's such a great way to keep up with friends from afar. Thanks!

God's girl said...

Love it!