Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Brrrr....Is it Summer Break?

WARNING: Because it is day 2 of Summer break, I'm in a rambling mood. This probably won't be a thought provoking post. :)

Is it really May? Yesterday was day 1 of Summer Break 2010 but, it feels more like fall break! The girls and I had to put on hoodies for our walk yesterday and I actually thought about turning the fireplace on we came back in. (I didn't actually flip the switch, but I came pretty close!) Instead I made banana bread. It was a "healthy" recipe Chad clipped out of his Tri-Athlon magazine. And just so you know, healthy does not mean dry, or lacking in taste. Nope. This recipe called for 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and it is absolutely the best banana bread I've ever tasted.

I have to say how proud I am of Chad and his healthy choices lately. He's been working hard for almost 2 1/2 years to become heart healthy. I shared a little about that journey over here today. I don't say a lot here about AdvoCare Products, but I'm very serious when I say these products, along with healthy choices, are making a huge difference in our life.

OH GUESS what! Chloe is just two weeks away from testing for her black belt. Momma is just a little nervous. Not sure I'm ready for this particular test. In addition to "THE TEST", she has to write a 1,000 word essay on what this journey has meant to her.

Needless to say, we started working on that today. She has been making "brainstorm" notes in her journal for a couple of weeks. I was impressed with her notes. Deep stuff in there.

We spent a good part of the morning working on an outline. She took the first two points and began the writing process. Who knew an 11 year old could talk about the physical, emotional and spiritual parts of her journey to her black belt test. I was floored. Amazed at some of the things she said. Whose child is she? :) Obviously, her Father's. (earthly and heavenly)

Emma and I are working hard this summer on our math flashcards. She wants to get fast. I didn't do a good job last summer of running those with her and she says she "lost her speed". So we are going to work extra hard this summer to keep those facts fresh. :) This child absolutely keeps us in stitches. During our game time Monday night, she was in rare form. I looked at Chad and we just shook our heads. She is absolutely the funniest thing ever.

The girls and I are on the search for the perfect swimsuits. I have been very surprised at their choices this year. I think they have flip flopped their tastes this year. We still haven't found the perfect suite yet, but we will. :) I guess it's good that last years still fit! (Our pool opens next weekend and if it warms up, we will be there!!!)

I guess that is enough random for today. I have beef stew in the crock pot and I need to make some biscuits or cornbread to go with it.

I haven't told you lately, but I'm glad you stopped by. Praying God blesses you and that you know that you are dearly loved.

Stephanie

2 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Love your randomness.

Will we get to read the essay? Would love to if she desires to share it. I imagine she could teach us a thing or two. She obviously is her MOTHER's daughter as well.

Have a blessed evening.

Leah

Cindy said...

You and your girls are so sweet. I love to read about what you have been up to.