Friday, January 25, 2008

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS

I'm being all domestic this afternoon baking homemade chocolate chip cookies to enjoy later tonight. We're having a family slumber party and watching the Disney movie "Minutemen". It premiers at 8/7 central as my girls have been saying all week. Watching any sort of Disney original movie with them is like watching a pop up edition. The information they know is mind boggling.

Anyway... I'm using my hand held mixer (my heavy duty one died over the Christmas holidays) when I noticed a strange smell. I turned it off, took a closer look and turned it back on.

The smell returned followed by billowing clouds of

SMOKE.

That blasted thing crashed and burned when I needed it most.

I looked at my girls all decked out in their aprons and chef hats. Their little eyes as big as saucers. I think they were scared to say anything.

We finally started laughing as I scraped cookie dough off the beaters.

I looked at them and said, "this is why God gave me two daughters. Start mixing."

They loved that.

I'm happy to report that the cookies are wonderful and we, the female members of this household, will enjoy them tonight. Daddy has cut out sweets and says that he will enjoy watching us eat them.

And I will believe that when I see it.

I guess I need to hit Target. Please pray that mixers are on sale!!! I need one in a bad way!

Hmmmm, if NOT having one greatly hinders my ability to prepare meals, does that mean we get to eat out more? Maybe I don't need a mixer as bad as I think I do. :)......

5 comments:

Jess said...

Something tells me that Daddy will have no trouble finding you a new one! :)

nancygrayce said...

Oh, I wouldn't know how to mix without my kitchenaid....we inherited it from my mother in law who now secretly wishes she had it back! :) She's a sweetie!

Carol said...

Too cute! Sounds like a fun night!

mariel said...

Girl, i had to drop by and tell you...i am still chuckling from your comment on travis cotrell's blog on what your hubby wanted to name him! my hubby wholeheartly agreed...i think they would get along well!!
thanks for the chuckle...ok, i'm going to go be blessed by your sweet posts now!
blessings, mariel
growingingodliness.blogspot.com

BethAnne said...

We also had a little "Minutemen" party at our house - only we were rushing in from a basketball game to watch it so it was only popcorn - no cookies. I am thinking that chocolate chip cookies might be just what I need to make me feel better......the problem is I would have to make them myself.......not good! Too bad you cant email cookies!