Monday, June 23, 2008

We are three child family.....

at least for the past two days. :)

We have had the blessing of having our nephew Colin here. Tuesday, I will deliver ALL the kids to Grams and Daddy Mack's house for "camp". Let me tell you..these kids are so excited. All I've heard today is "Is it time to pack our suitcases?" "Can I take my___________ in case I need it?" Chloe has packed her Williams-Sonoma "Sweet Treats" cookbook and has even sent Grams her ingredient list. Those kids are going to have some good desserts this week. Emma has her portable nightlight and several babies and Colin has 'buddy' the bear. They keep asking if we can get up before dark to leave so we miss traffic. Oh these kids....

They just told me they are going to ask Gram's if they can make a "McObstacle course" in the backyard for exercise. Boy my parents are going to need prayer support big time this week. :) (Chloe has picked up the phone to call RIGHT NOW and explain it to my mom.)

Chad and I have a busy week, but have planned some dates. We are REALLY looking forward to dinner out....alone. I'm planning on some retreat time with the Lord during the day and can't wait to spend some concentrated time alone with Him. The only thing that could make it better would be to be at the beach!


Okay..the man child has requested that Aunt Steffie hold him. I can't resist.....


Maybe I'll post something a little more serious later in the week!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I am so excited that you and your hubby will have some quality time- we had just a date night this weekend (then picked up my little one right before bed) and it was WONDERFUL!
Praying for blessings for you this week!

Anonymous said...

You guys are going to have an awesome week together! And so are the kids. While we were in Honduras mine stayed with my parents. They had something planned every day, and also "Fun Aunt Jessica" lives close by, so they got to spend a lot of time with her. I don't know what I'd do without the help of my parents.

BethAnne said...

Granparent Camp? Too much fun (sounds like some fun for mom and dad too). What fun memories your girls will have of summers at their grandparents.

Fran said...

I'm so happy for y'all Steph! We had "camp" a couple of weeks ago and I cried like a baby, missed them like crazy, busy as a bee, and then they were home! It was fantastic! :)

Enjoy every day of it. I'll pray for you siesta!
Hugs,
Fran

The Stokes Family said...

Oh, I am SO JEALOUS! Have a wonderful week with Chad knowing that the children are in the best of hands!

God's girl said...

Oh girl they will have so much fun! You have fun too with your hubbie.

I am all up for getting together with Amy and Carol-it was a bummer I missed them!!! I know it will be a great time.
Much love,
Angela