Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Where Has the Time Gone!!

Last week was a whirlwind of activity. Between Bible Camp, Father's Day, playdates....the week flew by.

I said last week, but I'm going to say it again I am so proud of our church. We had an incredible Bible Camp week. The average attendance was 2650 each day, but that isn't what impressed me about last week. At last count, 160 children accepted Jesus as personal Savior! That is so awesome. We saw some of our good friends baptised Friday night at family night and on Sunday. That is what Bible camp is about.


The theme this year was "Amazing Space".



Our entire church staff was involved, but our children's ministry staff once again showed their love and passion for children. I'm so honored that God picked this church for us.


Chloe and our children's pastor Mr. Rob.

One of my favorite quotes from a children's musical is this...

"Worship the Lord at the beginning and the path falls into place."

It was powerful to see these children worship the Lord Friday evening...It was loud, and full of high energy one minute and then reflective and quiet the next.


This is Chloe and her friend G.L. in the mosh pit. We are going to have our hands full with these two in the next few years. :)


Emma and Daddy sitting with Emma's team the Comets.

We celebrated Father's Day Saturday evening. The girls made a great banner and decorated the dining room. Here is Dad with wearing his new bike shirt Chloe and Emma picked out for him.



Proverbs 17:6 says that "Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children."

I'm so thankful that I can say that I am proud of my parents. Not everyone can say that and weekends like Mother's or Father's day can be hard. This year especially, I am so very thankful that God gave me the parents he did. They have never pretended to be perfect, but they have always shown us that love doesn't fail, give up or walk away. I pray that one day when Chloe and Emma are grown and on their own they will be able to say that they are proud of Chad and I and the legacy we have left them.

5 comments:

Julie said...

What a great report on the children's camp!! The theme sounded fascinating! To God be the Glory!

BethAnne said...

That is one awesome church you go to ! I love to hear about kids getting saved through VBS - if only one kid makes a decision to follow Christ all the hard work iswell worth it!

Jess said...

2650 in attendance, a day?!? WOW. That is quite a turnout! That's awesome! That really speaks volumes about the ministry there.

Your girls couldn't be much sweeter if they tried, could they? Too cute.

:)

~jessica

Fran said...

You know how my heart is so tendered to God's children so I absolutely LOVE this post!! What an amazing week y'all had and I'm celebrating with you!!!

Awesome pix Steph. Your family is such a beautiful picture of God in you and through you.

Hugs,
Fran

Heather C said...

That is one HUGE Bible Camp! I can't imagine that many children in one place! THen again, our morning worship (only one service) averages around 200.... and that's huge growth from where we were five years ago. I am in awe of a staff that can do Bible Camp for a crowd that large... what a blessing to see so many youth come to know the Lord! Praying for discipleship now, as they start their walk with Him. :)

God bless you, Stephanie!