Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday Afternoons....

Have you ever wondered what your pastor does after he preaches his heart out on Sunday morning?

Growing up, my dad would retreat to his sacred area to study for Sunday night and/or take a quick nap. There was an unspoken rule in our home to stay away from that area on Sunday afternoon!

This morning dad preached his heart out, enjoyed lunch at Aubello's Mexican Embassy (that made the Holy Day even better!) and then we all "retreated" back to the house and this is what he felt led to share with us.

You will never be the same. This message, well....I can't even begin to put into words what it means. What a legacy my children have.

7 comments:

Fran said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I do believe I see an Academy Award on the horizon!

That was just too cute Stephanie.
Those 2 had some fun didn't they?

Ya'll are a hoot. I'm glad you shared that piece of holy retreat-ness with us! :)

Love,
Fran

Cheri said...

..... :)

BethAnne said...

I am thinking that Funniest Home Videos has nothing on you guys!!! How funny.....your kids are blessed to have parents and grandparents that dont care to be silly and have fun!!!

Julie said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

The video was very moving!!! :) Thank you for sharing. I will never think of a grasshoper in the same way.

What a great sport to be filmed!!!

Carol said...

You are right. I will never be the same. I can't get the silly grin off my face. That was too funny!

Meg said...

How precious a memory is that!?! What an awesome Dad and Grandpa. Thanks for sharing. Love, Meg

The Stokes Family said...

How hilarious, and what a precious memory! Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Amanda