Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ear Business

My man has been suffering the last few days with this odd feeling in his ears. He describes it as being in an airplane and your ears not popping. I detest that feeling! He says the pressure is driving him crazy.

Last night we paused American Idol and talked a little about some things in front of me right. Things that are pressing, or putting a little pressure on me. I don't mean pressure in a bad way...it's just a heaviness, a pressing in a certain area. A sense of urgency. Or as a friend told me earlier in the week, quit calling it pressure and starting calling it by it's name...it is a calling. Well....okay then.

At one point during our conversation last night I said something to the effect of this heaviness is almost suffocating. I can't even begin to describe it and I'm not quite sure what is going on. Chad's response.."please tell God I've got the message, that you are called to something and yes I know you feel the pressure of His hand because I feel it in my ears. You can tell Him I get it! Please UNSTOP MY EARS!" Of course He was somewhat joking about this.

Right before I went to sleep, I picked up my Oswald Chambers, "My Utmost for His Highest". I read today's devotion last night. It's entitled. "Called of God". The verse is Isaiah 6:8

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me."

Here is a little snippet of what I read:

"Many are called, few are chosen,", that is few prove themselves the chosen ones. The chosen ones are those who have come into a relationship with God through Jesus Christ whereby their disposition has been altered and their ears unstopped and they hear the still small voice questioning all the time, "Who will go for us?"

He goes on to say that we often times think that when God calls us to something there is going to be this big show of it. Ummm, not always...very rare in fact. Think of how He called his disciples...it was simply "follow me".

I went to sleep last night thinking and asking God to keep my ears unstopped. I want so badly to hear each word He has for me.

I'm reminded of the the first part of my James memorization..."Be quick to listen..."

God, please keep my ears unstopped. I want to hear you....

7 comments:

Haley said...

I know what how you feel. I'll pray to! I'm e-mailing you...

Still Learning said...

Wow.

Heather C said...

Praying for divine discernment for you. It's exciting to have that reassurance that the Lord is calling us to something, but you're right... clarification is always nice! :) LOL@Chad's comment... praying for you!

Leah Adams said...

I am soooo with you. As I walk out this calling from the Lord to speak for Him I just am so needy toward Him. I need His encouragement, I need His enablement, I need His presence, I need His guidance, I need His light for the path. I just NEED Him.

Praying for you as you lead worship this weekend.

Leah

Carol said...

Good word, girl. You've got me all excited. I can't wait to see what He is going to do and where He will take you.

Fran said...

Wow! Someone sent that devotion to me yesterday. Hmmmmmm....

I'm praying for Chad. I'm praying for you and the weekend. I'm praying for us to have a "send me" heart and I'm wanting to be quick to listen.

I love ya girl.
Praying,
Fran

Kara Akins said...

That is awesome!