Monday, January 26, 2009

Praise Jesus

I'm amazed, tired, happy, filled, and more in love with Jesus.

This weekend was absolutely incredible. We all know that Travis Cottrell is one gifted worship leader who ALWAYS leads you to the throne room, BUT...

Last night..girls there were a few times I thought..."we are fixing to see Jesus!" It was incredible. Our Savior was glorified. BUY THIS CD or DVD when it comes out this summer! You will love it. :)

It was a double treat to experience this weekend with a few of my blogging friends, most of us met in San Antonio last August. We were SO excited to have a few days to visit in person again. There were also some new "siesta's" that I was just blessed to meet.

I was just tickled pink to have Fran, Patty and Georgia stay with me this weekend. We were up talking until the wee hours of the morning Friday and Saturday evening. I don't think I'll ever forget our prayer time at 1:45 A.M. Saturday morning. Powerful and precious...thanks girls. :)

We so enjoyed worship at First Baptist Woodstock Sunday morning, then visited with our siesta's over a wonderful lunch on campus. We had a nice little surprise...you'll see her in the pictures below.

Once again, I have to say thank you to my man. He was so willing to open our home to my friends for this crazy, busy weekend. He did the grocery shopping for me on Friday so I didn't have to go out..he planned all sorts of fun things for the girls and he to do...got them to church, fed them lunch and then back to church for choir on Sunday and then did ALL the weekend laundry while I was hanging with my girlfriends all day Sunday. On top of all of that...he text messaged us Sunday morning to tell us he was praying for us. Thanks Chad...love you.

Now for the pictures...:) THAT ARE NOT POSTING IN THE ORDER THAT I LOADED THEM!!!!

Angela, Kara and I at lunch on Sunday afternoon. It was SO good to see these two again. I miss my Chattanooga girls!!!


One of the hard things about this weekend was that Bethanne from Waiting for the Shout was not able to be here..especially since HER DAD IS ON STAFF AT FBW!!!!! We ate lunch in the room next door to his office. :)



Saturday night at Ipp's for dinner....G & G. Aren't they beautiful!



Friday night we celebrated Fran's February b'day. Chloe and Emma even gave me the okay to let her wear the b'day crown. She kept it on a LONG time after we were done with the cake! Patty and Georgia brought her a "precious" 2-liter of coke. :)



All she needed was a scepter...


Hanging out at church Sunday afternoon waiting....



Why Yes! That is who you think it is. She surprised us at lunch. She is holding that Moose that apparently is now shipped to wherever a group of Siesta's get together..poor moose.








Enough pictures I know...there will be one more group shot that I will add once I can snag it from one of my siesta's... :)

This weekend was a gift from God. He spoke some things into my heart that I could not have heard anywhere else. How I love Him.

22 comments:

Holly said...

How wonderful it is to hear that God answered my prayers for the taping. OH PRAISE HIM!

And I am blessed by your husband's servanthood. God bless him!

Thank you for sharing a glimpse of your weekend, Stephanie. I was praying for each of you.
Love,
Holly

BethAnne said...

I think it's hilarious that you took a pic of my dads office door!!!! I love it!!! I am so glad you guys had a great time even without me ;-( Ya'll are way too cute!

Go to my blog and check out today's post!

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous that you got to see Beth....Sounds like you had a nice weekend. God bless.

beckyjomama said...

I knew I shoulda hid in Fran's suitcase! I woulda been quiet as a mouse and ya never woulda known I was there! OHHHH, I am so envious of you ladies!

Teresa said...

So glad ya'll had a wonderful time!
I was tempted to cut my trip to Chattanooga short and join you guys!!

I am hiding in Fran's suitcase next time!!!

Blessings!
Teresa

Cindy said...

I am disappointed that I wasn't able to be there. But I prayed for all of my siestas and that God would show up BIG TIME!

But I did get to accompany Leah (of The Point) to Amelia Island for her speaking engagement to the women of Ameila Baptist Church so we did some worshiping ourselves!

Leah Adams said...

Oh, I am jealous ( with a godly jealously, of course ) that I didn't get to be there. Oh fiddlesticks! It sounds like you had a great time.

My weekend was awesome as I had the privilege to serve 80+ beautiful ladies on Amelia Island. HOpefully I'll get to blogging about it all soon. Take care

Leah

Cheryl said...

Steph,
It was so great to meet you this weekend! It was truly a 'Kiss from Our King'!
Have a great week!

Heather said...

Sounds wonderful!! What a blessing! I love Travis and Beth....someday I am going to come to one of these siesta gatherings!!!
OH- and I loved what you said about your hubby! So sweet!

Unknown said...

Stephanie,

It was so good to meet you. I had the best time...I truly thought we were all going to be raptured!

Blessings!

Melinda said...

Love you girl - had such a sweet time this weekend!

Carol said...

Ummm... I just have one thing to say. WHERE was I??? I did not get my gold foiled invite because I would have been there with bells on! Um-Hmm.

I'm glad you had a good time. It looks like you had a blast. Spoke to Chad Sunday a.m. and he was telling me all about it. He is such a good man! :)

Eddie said...

Hey! Is that my office, my name plate? Glad you ladies had a terrific time at Woodstock. Sorry I didn't get to meet you and your siesta's. Sorry Bethanne didn't get to come. Was a great night of worship and praise. Come back to see us sometime. God bless.

Anonymous said...

I was there Sunday night! It was incredible, and God was all over it. I just loved your re-cap of the weekend, and was moved by the image of sweet friends praying together at 1:45 in the morning. I pray for friends like this! God is so good to us. I just found your blog, can't wait to read more!
Love, Becky

Heather C said...

What a sweet hubby! What a sweet LORD! I'm so happy for you all, even if I am a bit jealous. :) Still, glad to hear the Lord blessed your socks off! Chad sounds a lot like my hubby. We're both blessed. :)

Haley said...

I though I was going to see Jesus Sunday night too!! I know I felt the Holy Spirit in that place. Travis definitely has an anointing.

Fran said...

My heart is just so full. I love ya to pieces. Simple as that.

Deedra said...

I am so glad I got to meet you guys this weekend! I had such a wonderful time! I am also totally in awe of your husband! How fabulous is he?? I was just glad my crew was alive and kickin when I got home! LOL!

Chadwick said...

I'm glad you all were able to have a great weekend. Fran - sorry we drank your "birthday coke"... we'll make it up to you.

All I ask is that you don't forget this weekend, when my man weekend comes around in October.

I love you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beth Moore! Very cool! Glad you had such a great time!

Lisa said...

I just finished reading how wrong it is to be jealous about something, but is a good thing to be jealous for something. I am jealous for the time God blessed you all with! I praise Him for rocking your world!
Blessings - Lisa

Still Learning said...

Oh man, I live about 25 minutes away from First B of Woodstock. I actually used to be a member... Boy, I had no idea I was missing something so wonderful so close to me. I am so glad you had such a great time with the girls and in worship.