Thursday, April 10, 2008

Can You Believe the Ending of Idol????!!?!?!?!

I'm still in complete shock this morning. We discussed it around the breakfast table and the girls were just as surprised. We can NOT believe that "Shout to the Lord" was the finale on American Idol's Idol Gives Back show last night.

"SHOUT TO THE LORD" people. When Ryan introduced it, I looked at Chad and said "our, Shout to the Lord?" And YES it was...I was a little disappointed that they started by saying "My Shepherd" instead of "My Jesus". But oh. my. goodness.

I loved the arrangement, the choir coming out, it was great. I just kept waiting for them to kick it in high gear, but overall it was pretty cool.

Here's what I saw. I saw a couple of faces who looked like they just might be intimately acquainted with what they were singing and that excited me. Sadly though, I saw faces of singers who were just singing words. It didn't appear that they fully grasped what they were singing..."All of my days, I want to praise, the wonder of your mighty hand....My comfort, my shelter, tower of refuge and strength...."

I may be stepping out on a limb here, but I think the reason the finale left me feeling a little disappointed, was because even though there may have been some believers on that stage, there were unbelievers singing words they don't fully understand. They don't fully understand because the Holy Spirit isn't living in them to make them understand.

They took a HUGE step to use that song last night. THANK YOU LORD. So I'm asking God to bless them over and over for that. Good choice to whoever picked that song.

Would you join me in praying that the words those young people sang last night would begin to penetrate their hearts? Pray that they would, in the midst of the celebrity lifestyle they are living right now, be drawn to our Jesus? Pray that God would place passionate Christians in their life even today? (Christians who will show them that it's fun to walk with Jesus. That Christianity is so much more than a list of do's and do not's!)

Remember that verse that says. That every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Jesus Christ is Lord? WELL...I think that we saw a little of that last night.

If Idol Gives Back did anything for me, it gave me a fresh passion for those in need. In physical need like those children in Africa and those who are suffering here in the US, but also spiritual need......

Oh Lord, open the eyes of their hearts.....let them really see you for Who you are and how much you love them...

18 comments:

valerie said...

I couldn't believe the ending of AI! I thought it was awesome. Yes, they changed the wording from "Jesus" to "Shepherd" but they said "Lord" and I loved it. I just thought of the millions and millions of people being blessed by that song when they could have chosen any number of songs. It blessed me.
I missed the first few seconds because I was on the phone with my mom trying to tell her which channel FOX is on her tv. :)
But, all in all, I feel like the Lord was honored. Like someone said...."It's a start." Last week Dolly singing about Jesus and this week ending with this song.
Thanks for putting the U Tube part on your blog so I could see it again.
Blessings today to you and your family,
Valerie

Cheri said...

Oh, WOW! I don't usually watch AI so I wasn't aware this happened.

So Great! You bet I'm in prayer with you on this. Prayer is the greatest gift ever and those soul up there on that stage don't even know there being prayed for...that's what's so cool about it all. People we don't even know, pray for us!

I love God. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is SO awesome! We don't watch AI live and for some reason last night our Tivo cut off early (or maybe the show went over?) I didn't get to see this! So glad you told me about it!

Jenifer said...

To God be the glory! We ended up flipping the channel and didn't see the whole show. Thanks for adding the song. Wow! I will be praying that the eyes, ears, minds, and hearts of all those involved with the show and those who heard last night will be opened to the mystery of the Gospel.

Have a blessed day, dear friend!
Jenifer

BethAnne said...

I was in total disbelief and speechless (yes, you read me right - speechless!). I looked at hubs and said "Is this real? Has Simon found the Lord? First Dolly and Jesus and now the Idol kids and Jesus? (well Shepherd, but same thing). This cant be happening! Who would have picked that song for them? What Lord are they singing to?" So many questions ran through my mind - I couldnt even grasp it all.
Then I was brought back to reality when Ben Stiller (who I have never thought funny) dropped several bleeped bombs at the end. Brought it all back into perspective - the worlds perspective.

I thought that Brooke and the young kid - what's his name? might just know that song by heart.....maybe I misread.

Tamara said...

I can't believe I missed it! I linked to your post on my blog:
http://ponderedinmyheart.blogspot.com/2008/04/note-to-self-record-weds-night-american.html

Carol said...

Wow! I don't watch AI but I am totally shocked! That is awesome!!

Fran said...

I didnt get to see it but I'm sure about to click on this video you posted....THANK YOU!!!

I'm praying in agreement with you sister!!

Big hugs!
Fran

Earen said...

Ok, I'm in shock!! We don't watch Idol, but I keep on it through you! I was floored by the song Dolly sang & now this! This is one of the most powerful songs and I'm just in shock that they sang this! Yes, it's sad that a lot of them probably have no idea what they are singing...but man alive, think of the seed that was just planted there! Never know who's life that just changed!! Awesome!

Mary Lou said...

Wow, we don't watch the program. I am blown away that they sang it. One of my all time favorites...even if they didn't believe the words, His Word went out over the air waves and His Word NEVER returns void...So, sweet sister, He is hearing our prayers about the ones who sang and heard the song last night. God be praised. One day EVERY knee WILL bow and EVERY tongue confess that He IS LORD, what an awesome picture that puts in my mind. Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your day.

Darla said...

Hey Prin, I left a comment on Tams blog for others to come and visit your site and that you have the videos from AI posted..hope that is fine with you! hahaha please say yes! Love you and your coverage of AI..

God's girl said...

Well, I missed it but that is so very cool. For the season Mandisa was on God laid Simon on my heart heavily and I kept praying for God to grab ahold of him. That is awesome they sung that song!
Much love girl!
Ang

Heather said...

I am so sad I missed Idol last night!!! And I didn't set my DVR...I'm thrilled to hear about the finale. How awewsome. Yes, one day, every knee will bow and every tongue confess that JESUS is Lord. Amen, Siesta!

Leah Adams said...

Amen, my friend, amen. I just stood with my mouth hanging open when I passed through the living room and heard that. have a great weekend.

DeAnna said...

I was as shocked as you about that song. I just looked at my hubby and said, "WOW!" There have been a couple of songs this season where Jesus or God has been mentioned. And, thankfully, Simon has not hammered the singer like he did a few years back.

Mommyluann said...

You said it better on your post than I did on my..but we agree....
We'll said.

I go to church with Bethanne..I stumbled onto your blog. I enjoyed reading your entries.

God Bless!

Michele said...

I will pray with you. Did you notice, though howthey stuck that ending in with Ben Stiller and had to keep beeping him out? How rude. But it was quite shocking that they sang that song!

Erin said...

I'm STILL talking about them singing that song...I LOVE that song, it gives me chills every time I hear it. And I thought the same thing you did, you could tell who FELT the song and who was just singing it.

Great post! I found your blog through the fiesta of fashion :)