Saturday, April 19, 2008

New Music!

I LOVE it when Provident Label Group shares new stuff! Thanks Brian and congrats on the new baby!!

Earlier this week, I received a copy of Matt Maher's new CD "Empty and Beautiful". The day it came, Chad and the girls had Karate, so I waited until they left and popped it in. Wow! I listened to it from beginning to end while I cooked dinner.

Let me tell you that I LOVE this CD. While the music is "fun" to sing along with, these lyrics are powerful. God has gifted Matt with the ability to bring a lyric and melody together in a way that draws you into worship. As I listened, these words took me straight to the throne room and broke down some walls around my heart. I found myself in a place that I love. A place where it's God and me. The place where He never fails to speak...and on that day..I was desperate to hear Him.

I can't say that one song is my favorite because as soon as the next track plays, it becomes my favorite...however......the title cut "Empty and Beautiful" and "As It Is in Heaven" have really ministered to me this week.

Can I tell you something else? I LOVE that this CD rocks out one song and is reflective the next. I also LOVE that I can hear some piano rocking out!!! LOVE to hear that....not that I'm partial to the piano or anything.....:)

Please, Please, Please...GO BUY THIS CD!!!! You can click on the Matt Maher Album cover on my sidebar and order it there. It's as easy as that and I PROMISE...you are in for a blessing.

5 comments:

Fran said...

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. I've heard his name mentioned on other blogs but haven't heard of him....but, I'm anxious to hear the fabulous CD.

Have a great day Steph!
Hugs~
Fran

Anonymous said...

I just saw this guy on Fox News this weekend. I think he had been singing for the Pope! Can't wait to hear this CD. Thanks, Stephanie.

Kelli

Unknown said...

obviously i've been out of the loop for a bit so i'm not sure when you changed your look but i love it!!

and i'm a music girl too...i get obsessed with songs and can't understand when other people are not excited about them like i am!!!

hope you are having a great day! :)

BethAnne said...

I have heard of him, but I dont think I am familiar with any of his songs. I will have to check him out!

Melanie said...

I've heard good things about this new CD. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed. I'm anxious to get out and buy a copy myself!