Thursday, August 9, 2007

Happy Birthday Chloe!!!


Chloe in New Mexico May 2007.

Dear Chloe,

Today is your 9th birthday. Or as you have been telling me, the day you begin your 10th year of life. You took hold of our hearts long before we held you, but once those doctors and nurses handed you to Daddy, we were overwhelmed at how much we loved you. It was more than we could have imagined. You are a gift from God to us and I'm so honored that He picked Daddy and I to be your parents.

Our first prayer for you was that you would have a heart that loved Jesus and that you would accept His gift of salvation at a young age. God answered that prayer. I'm amazed by the way you love HIM. You are a student of His word and you show Him to your friends and family everyday.

I pray that as you continue to grow up you will remember that God's ways are best! Not always the easiest, but His way is the best. Following hard after God is the only way to live a happy life.

Right now in your life you love Webkinz and use most of your daily media time taking care of them on-line! You and Emma are doing great with your karate. I never thought my dainty little girls would be such excellent karate kids! I'm very proud of both of you for doing this. 4th grade is going to be great and I can tell you are looking forward to getting started and back into the routine of school. You love to learn and to read. One of my favorite things to talk with you about is the book your reading. You get so excited about the characters and the story. I really liked watching the movie The Adventures of Ociee Nash with you Monday. You had just finished the book and were very quick to explain to me the differences in the book and movie as we watched. You love acting and learning about the art of movie making. I'm even thinking about giving you an "assignment" to make a movie. When we watch a movie like Narnia, Ociee Nash, H.S. Musical... you want to know all the behind the scenes details. Maybe you will be a director when you grow up! Whatever you do, I pray that you will do it for God. Give Him the glory for anything and everything you do!

Today we will go to lunch, attend karate this afternoon and then hang out with friends at community movie night at church. Sounds like a pretty good day doesn't it!

Happy Birthday Miss P. we love you !!!!!!





Chloe, friend E. and friend M.

4 comments:

Darla said...

Happy Birthday Chloe! Your mama is doing an awesome job in raising up a child in the way he should go...

Meg said...

Happy Birthday Chloe. My big girl turned 9 in May. Sounds like they have a lot in common. What a neat idea to write her a birthday letter on your blog. My girls love webkinz too. I was thinking of getting one so that I could go and write notes to them and give them presents. It is a cute and fun activity. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

God's girl said...

Awww! She is so precious. What a blessing girl!
Love you!
Ang

Anonymous said...

such cut girls! happy birthday chloe!!! i found you through BethMoore's blog.... saw your profile (i grew up in SEGeorgia, but never heard of dacula???)
just wanted to say hey!